Contentment engenders many good things. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God" (Rom. 8:28).
(1) There will be a quiet spirit, which is of great price in the sight of God (1 Pet. 3:4).
(2) There will be alienation from the world.
(3) It is a state in which there is prayer and communion with God.
(4) There is a frequent experience of the help of God.
(5) There will be gratitude.
(6) There is a longing for the state of glory.
(7) There is the manifestation of holiness (III: 393-394).