There are many comparisons in the Scriptures between the righteous and the wicked. Below is a chart that compares the wicked with the righteous in the 37th Psalm. As we look over the chart and think about David's discussion (a sung discussion, mind you), we quickly are confronted with the fact that many of these things are not actualized in the Christian experience.
- How many from our list are present realities?
- How many from our list are generalized truths (like proverbs)?
- How many from our list are eschatological?
- What word (from the chart) would you use to summarize the wicked?
- What word would you use to summarize the righteous?
- Where is Jesus in this list?
| || |
What He Does/Should Do:
3. Trust in the Lord
34. Waits for the Lord and keeps his way.
40. Take refuge in God.
What God Does (directly or through providence):
38. Shall be cut off