12 January, 2009

Prayer For First Reformed Presbyterian Church

Yesterday I preached my last two sermons as the pastoral intern of First Reformed Presbyterian Church in Grand Rapids. Today my family and I begin our journey west as we seek to be obedient to the Lord's call for our lives.

Please pray for us as we begin this new phase of life and ministry.

Here is the doxology from last night's evening service. It is a selection from Psalm 122 from the 1912 United Presbyterian Psalter.

348.5-6

I pray the Lord that peace may still
Within thy walls abound,
And ever in thy palaces
Prosperity be found.

Yea, for the sake of friends and kin,
My heart desires thy peace,
And for the house of God the Lord
My care shall never cease.

Thank you people of First Reformed Presbyterian Church for 10 years and 2 months of love and pastoral care. Our friendship will have eternal rewards.

1 comment:

srutherford77 said...

We miss you already, Nate, Lydia, et al. Godspeed in your travels and blessings on your ministry.